Refined Floors Concrete Grinding & Polishing
Terms & Conditions of trade 2016
Refined Floors Concrete Grinding will work with the builder and concreter to achieve the best chance of a great possible result, we take no responsibility for the following.
· Exposure of aggregate achieved, for example, to remove any screed marks or footprints left from the concreter, additional grinding may be required.
· Any imperfections or flaws that develop in the slab over time due to inconsistent concrete mix, cracking, rising damp, staining of the slab etc.
· For new slabs use 32 MPA concrete.
*The list above is the complete responsibility of the concreter. We can offer clear guidelines to obtain optimum results.
· If further grinding, repair or any other works are required at the request of the client, RFCGP will quote these works as a variation to the original quote and additional works will commence after signing the agreement. Examples are; humps or bumps and hand levelling to window edges or additional levelling.
· RFCGP will remove 3mm from floor to expose aggregate in its grinding, anything over this will be charged accordingly.
· The first grind must be started at 5-14 days after the slab being poured. This must be completed before any other construction work commences on the slab.
· RFCGP is not responsible for damage by any other trades or outside influences. Repair for such will be treated and quoted as a variation to the original quote. The floor between first and second stage is susceptible to staining and care must be taken.
· Should you decide to cover the floor it is imperative that plastic is not used at any stage as the floor can sweat and cause colour variations. Duct tape or any tape should not be used on the floor.
· Doorway openings must be a minimum of 720mm to allow for grinder access.
· When working in the vicinity of plaster walls, doors and joinery, window frames, cabinetry and fixed appliances, we endeavour to be as careful as possible but take no responsibility for any unforeseen damage.
· RFCGP will return for the second stage/grind after plaster and before skirting board, paint and joinery being fitted. The floor must be swept and free from scaffold and building debris.
· RFCGP is to be provided with clear vehicle and generator access to the site with a stable base of crushed rock(if required) during the wetter months. Towing will be at clients expense.
· Disposal of bagged grinding dust, unless otherwise arranged is the responsibility of the client.
· Caution; Concrete floors may be slippery, particularly when wet. Please take care as no responsibility is accepted.
Curing compounds are not to be applied to new concrete that is to receive any coating as this will prevent adequate bonding of the coating to the concrete where a specific curing compound with supporting technical data to contradict the above, the responsibility for any subsequent failure rests totally with the client
You warrant that the substrate surface will be free of obstructions and in a condition ready to receive the application of the system coating. Additional charges may apply at a reasonable rate determined by us if the surface must be cleared or treated.
Provision for rubbish disposal will be available on site unless nominated on the quotation
Some systems can yellow and chalk on exposure to UV radiation (sunlight). Areas indoors that receive direct sunlight exposure for some intervals during the day, such as those adjacent to doorways and windows may experience some discolouring if you have chosen a system without a UV resistant sealer. It is the responsibility of the client to review technical datasheets to ensure suitability of product for any given project.
Unless specifically listed by us in the quotation, no allowances have been made to reinstate or caulk joints
Where cracks have been allowed for and reinstated, no responsibility will be taken by us to rectify where movement exceeds the capabilities of the materials
Due to necessity for high speed grinding equipment being operated right up to wall edge or skirting boards, some marking may occur on these surfaces. All care will be taken to reduce these markings however Refined Floors will not accept any liability from client for any such markings.
Though precautions will be taken, many systems are a handmade product and may carry some irregularities or imperfection. By accepting this quote you accept these aspects. All resin based floors are applied in hand laid method of an artisian nature. Although all work is carried out in a tradesman like manner there will be some minor imperfections in the finished floor, such as roller marks, reflective cracking, minor undulation or trowel marks. By accepting this quote you are acknowledge that you are aware of these facts.
Payment terms as stated in quotation, As per the securities of payment act overdue amounts may carry interest at the rate of 6% plus the RBA cash rate per annum from the due date of payment in full. You also agree t indemnify us against any costs (including without limitation legal costs on a full indemnity basis) that we may incur in connection with recovery or attempted recovery of overdue accounts (Handover)
All best trade practices and due care will be taken to ensure adequate preparation, bonding and installation of the system in accordance with manufacturers technical advice. However our warranty is void should the system fail as a result of any of the following:
*Failure within substrate due to concrete fracture
*Structual movement including stress fracture
* Rising moisture
*Oil or other contaminantions
*Any unforseen circumstances beyond our control
Alteration of use contrary to that specified at the time of applications (i.e. warehouse converted to manufacturing area)
.It may be admissible that an independent assessment of any of the above issues may be required to determine the cause in which any costs associated will be attributed to the client.
The quotation will be valid for a 30 Day period or as agreed.
To secure payment of all fees due or fees which may become due, the client hereby charges all of the clients interest in real property both present and future, and the client consents to the firm lodging a caveats noting its interest here-under.
A booking fee when requested of 25% to 50% depending on size and nature of job and is required upon acceptance of quotation. Payment terms are strictly COD Unless otherwise prior arrangement has being negotiated.
Authority to proceed, (written or verbal or any other way conveyed); automatically constitutes acceptance of the above terms and conditions.